Endocrinology and endocrine surgery
We treat patients with a range of disorders of the endocrine (hormonal) system such as the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands.
We also have a specialist isolation room for patients with thyroid cancer who need radioactive iodine therapy.
We diagnose and treat people with conditions including:
- pituitary disease
- growth and puberty disorders
- adrenal disease including adrenal cancer
- neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) including those of the pancreas and bowel
- thyroid disorders such as nodules, goitres, hyper and hypothyroidism (over and underactive thyroid) and thyroid cancer
- reproductive disorders
- parathyroid diseases including parathyroid cancer
- severe obesity.
We offer a wide range of surgery, from minimally invasive day operations to major cancer surgery. Our key services include surgery for:
- all thyroid diseases, including nodules, neck lumps, cancer, Graves’ disease and thyroiditis
- under- or overactive thyroid (parathyroid) and parathyroid cancer
- adrenal cancer and conditions such as Cushing’s and Conn’s
- rare and genetic diseases including Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN 1 and MEN2).