We know that having a baby is one of the most emotional and exciting moments of your life and that’s why we are delighted that you are considering having your baby at King’s. We offer a personalised service within an environment that has an outstanding clinical safety record.
King’s consultants, midwives and support staff have the expertise and experience to support you through your pregnancy and delivery. The Dulwich Suite consists of two well appointed private en-suite rooms located within the obstetric unit of the Hospital, the William Gilliatt Ward. King’s College Hospital is one of the largest obstetric units in London caring for more than 6,000 mothers and babies every year.
You and your baby are in safe hands. Our facilities offer outstanding levels of safety including an Adult Intensive Care and High Dependency Unit, Level III Neonatal Unit and a Special Care Baby Unit. We also provide Consultant-led Anaesthetic cover for this service.
Looking after you.
Our staff will do all they can to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. You can be reassured that a midwife will be with you to ensure your comfort and provide invaluable support and guidance on how to feed, bath and change your baby.
A consultant led service for
- Antenatal care
- Well-being growth scans
- Vaginal or Caesarean deliveries
- Postnatal care
- Private en-suite rooms with the option for your partner or a friend to stay with you overnight. Rooms include a folding guest bed, a fridge, internet facilities and a range of viewing channels via a remote control television
- Your consultant obstetrician, anaesthetist, midwife and experienced theatre team will be present during any procedure in a fully equipped obstetric operating theatre
- Midwives to support you and help you to care for your new-born
- Support with breastfeeding
- A team of dedicated chefs to cater for all cultural and dietary needs
These packages include:
- Services of a consultant obstetrician and consultant anaesthetist (if needed)
- The theatre costs, all standard drugs* and any required dressings*
- 24 hour midwifery care and support with breast feeding
- Accommodation and meals for a partner or friend staying in the same room
For details of other obstetric packages, please visit the following website http://privateobstetricsatkings.com/fees/
Visiting hours are 13:00- 18:30
Birthing partners are allowed to stay for the duration of the delivery.
2 visitors are allowed at any one time
When you decide to give birth at the Dulwich Suite you can choose from one of three highly experienced obstetricians. They will ensure that a comprehensive pre-assessment is completed and agree a date for your delivery that is best for you.